Northglenn Middle School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
The Northglenn Middle School bond renovation project is currently in the design phase. A Design Advisory Group (DAG) has been formed to help the design team define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members will establish a list of priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This does not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. This construction work is anticipated to begin in Summer 2018.
2018-2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure, building interiors, building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Rebuild entry wall to prevent water intrusion
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Renovate bathrooms
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Improve security camera system
- Repair/restore track
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.