Rocky Mountain Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov. 8, 2016, the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Rocky Mountain's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure and all work listed below in building systems/safety & security [minus the security camera installment]
2020: All proposed work as listed below in building structure [minus the crawlspace work and roof repairs]; security camera installment as listed below in building systems/safety & security; and all proposed work as listed below in school grounds, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof repairs as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair/restore deteriorating stucco
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Update central electronic timing/clock system to ensure effective safety, security, bell schedule, irrigation, and heating and cooling schedules
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Upgrade heating and cooling systems for efficiency and more consistent temperature control for comfort
- Install digital security camera system
- Repair/restore failing retaining wall
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.