Stukey Elementary School
Planning/Design - Now the fun begins! Adams 12 Five Star Schools' business services team, in collaboration with the school community, are planning and designing the logistics for the individual projects of your school's investment plan.
Planned renovations for Stukey Elementary are currently in the Design Development phase. During this phase, drawings and other presentation documents are created to further define the design concept and describe it in terms of architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural systems. A probable project cost is also established during this phase.
In August 2017, Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP) was selected as the CMGC (Construction Manager / General Contractor) for this project. Prior to completing this work, they will partner with the project design team, Cuningham Group Architecture, to help ensure that scope and budget goals for the project are met. Construction and renovation work is expected to take place in Summer 2018.
A Design Advisory Group (DAG), of school staff, parents and community members, worked with the architectural team in Spring 2017 to define the preliminary scope of potential renovation and remodel work. As part of this process, DAG members established a list of primary and secondary priorities for the expenditure of money from the school's renovations and specials bond budget. This did not include money already designated for identified critical deferred maintenance needs and safety and security upgrades. You can review DAG meeting minutes below:
2017: Design Work
*Some minor improvements, including work related to instructional upgrade purchases, may occur during 2017.
2018: Major construction expected to take place in Summer 2018 with anticipated completion for the start of the 2018-19 school year.
Architect: Cuningham Group Architecture
Construction Manager/General Contractor: Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Repair, restore or replace failing classroom partitions
- Repair/restore gym floor
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Equipment & Furnishings
- Upgrade kitchen exhaust system
- Upgrade playground for safety, code compliance, drainage and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade electrical components to avoid building power loss and learning disruptions
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community.