Tarver Elementary School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov. 8, 2016, the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Tarver's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2018: Playground work as listed below in equipment & furnishings
2019: Crawlspace work as listed below in building structure; all work listed below in building systems/safety & security [minus technology upgrades]; and all work listed below in renovations & remodels
2020: All remaining work as listed below in building structure; and technology upgrades as listed below in building systems/safety & security
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair building structure and systems in the crawlspace
- Replace access stairs and ramps to mobile classrooms
- Replace failing exterior windows and doors
Equipment & Furnishings
- Replace playground for safety and ADA accessibility
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Relocate gas line for increased safety and current code compliance
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Upgrade electrical components for increased capacity
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade school intercom system to meet safety requirements
- Install digital security camera system
Renovations & Remodels
- Repair or replace specials (music, art, gym) program components such as wall panels, ceiling tiles, flooring and program specific equipment
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.