Westlake Middle School
Bond Passed - You did it! Thanks to your support, on Nov. 8, 2016, the $350 million bond passed and will benefit every student, every school and every community.
The 2016 Bond Program provides every school with funding for needed building improvements. See below for Westlake's specific construction timeline of projects.
*To ensure the bond program provides significant investments in every student, every school and every community, the Five Star District used six primary considerations to determine the timeline of districtwide and school-by-school investments over the course of the multi-year bond program.
2019: All proposed work listed below in building structure [minus roof repairs], building interiors, building systems/safety & security, school grounds, and renovations & remodels
2021: Roof repairs as listed below in building structure
*Timeline for Instructional Upgrades is dependent on the specific upgrades selected by our school community. More information to follow.
- Repair/restore roof sections to extend service life
- Repair, patch and paint exterior doors and windows to extend service life
- Replace failing flooring in critical locations
Building Systems / Safety & Security
- Improve cafeteria/kitchen plumbing components
- Replace deteriorating sewer system components
- Replace failing water heater and storage tanks
- Install electronic card access to promote a safe and secure building
- Upgrade fire alarm control system
- Improve security camera system
- Repair/restore failing sidewalks and stairs
Renovations & Remodels
- Remodel priority items, such as ceilings, walls, floors, windows, doors, painting upgrades, paving restoration, lunch rooms, classrooms and bathrooms *Significant Renovation
- Repair or replace arts program items such as easels, pottery wheels, kilns, drafting/drawing stools, airbrush stations, group work stations and A/V systems
- Repair or replace music program items such as instrument storage, practice rooms, risers & platforms, acoustic enhancements, auditorium components and A/V systems
- Each school is provided with funding for instructional upgrades that will be determined through a collaborative process with the school and community. Categories can include furniture, technology, space modifications, safety & security upgrades and specials/electives.