Energy & Sustainability
Energy & Sustainability is responsible for managing utility use and for promoting Social, Economic and Environmental Sustainability for the district. Initiatives include energy use reduction projects and program, water conservation efforts and waste diversion improvement and education.
We're taking steps to "go green." That means our schools and district departments are working to be wise stewards of our resources. Learn how we are becoming a more sustainable district--and how you can do your part.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools will develop sustainable practices in our schools and community that will benefit future generations. This will be accomplished through environmental stewardship and education, leaving a smaller footprint on the world.
Sustainability Management Plan
During the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year, more than 30 Five Star employees and community members convened to produce the first Sustainability Management Plan for the district.
The Sustainability Planning Committee set goals around four focus areas: energy, water, waste and student/community engagement. This plan will guide the Five Star District’s development and integration of sustainable practices through fiscal year 2020.
- 2021 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- 2019 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- Winter 2018 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- Spring 2018 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- Summer 2017 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- Winter 2017 Sustainability Report (En Español)
- Fall 2016 Sustainability Report (En Español)
Energy and Sustainability Manager