District Accountability Committee
- Recommending priorities on the district budget.
- Advising on the district’s and schools’ Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement or Turnaround plans.
- Reviewing new and renewal charter applications submitted to the Board of Education.
- Partnering with the Board of Education on other district issues or concerns, as needed.
Membership in the DAC shall be comprised of groups of representatives as follows:
- A minimum of 3 parents of students enrolled in the district’s public schools from a diverse geographical representation.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 teachers employed by the district.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 administrators employed by the district.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 persons involved in business in the community within the district boundary.
- And may appoint an appropriate number of classified staff members employed by the District.
- Regular meetings are at least three times per school year from August to June.
- Additional meetings may be scheduled throughout the year, as needed.
- DAC members serve two-year terms.
- The committee will elect officers and may form subcommittees.
- All meetings of the DAC and its subcommittees are open to the public.
Applications for the 2022-23 school year are now closed. Please check back in the spring of 2023 for the 2023-24 school year.