Colorado Immunization requirements for the 2022-2023 school year:
Immunization Chart Childcare & Preschool
*Visit Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment's website to view this information in languages other than English.
- Parent Immunization Letter K-12 English | Español
- Parent Immunization Letter Child Care & Preschool English |Español
- Parent Tdap Letter for 5th and 6th Graders English | Español
You must provide one of the following to your child's school in order to comply with the law:
1. An immunization record from your health care provider or a Certificate of Immunization certifying that the student has received the minimum immunizations as indicated above.
2. If a student’s Certificate of Immunization is not up to date, the parent, guardian, or emancipated student has 14 days after notification to provide documentation that the next required immunization was administered and submit a written plan for completion of any additional required immunizations. If the plan is not completed, the student shall be excluded from school for noncompliance. An exception to this is a shortage of vaccine.
3. A medical or non-medical exemption is submitted to the school if a student is not fully immunized. Exemption guidance and information are available at www.colorado.gov/vaccineexemption. **Be advised there are new requirements from SB20-163 to the non-medical exemption process that have gone into effect for the 2021-2022 school. Additional information about these changes and SB20-163 are available at Senate Bill 20-163
Immunization requirements will be strictly enforced for all students. Students who do not meet the requirements can be denied attendance according to Colorado Revised Statutes 25-4-902.
The Colorado State Board of Health approved a recommendation that will require all students to receive their final doses of DTaP, Polio, MMR, and Varicella (chickenpox) vaccines before kindergarten entry and one dose of Tdap vaccine before 6th-grade entry (Spanish).
Local resources for vaccines can be found at:
- Tri-County Health Department - call for appt. or walk in opportunities Tuesdays 1:00pm - 4:15 pm http://www.tchd.org/356/Immunizations
- Tri-County Health Immunization Flyer 2021
- Broomfield Health Department https://www.broomfield.org/267/Vaccinations
- Tdap Requirement for all 6th grade students: Tdap Flyer English | Español
- Shots for Tots - Walk up availability
- Mountainland Pediatrics - Call for an appointment
- Every Child Pediatrics - Call for an appointment
- Kids First Health Care Westminster - Call for an appointment
- Kids First Health Care Commerce City - Call for an appointment
- Clinca Pecos - Call for an appointment
- Clinca Thornton - Call for an appointment
- Clinica Westminster - Call for an appointment
- Salud Brighton - Call for an appointment
- Salud Commerce City - Call for an appointment