Free and Reduced Benefits
Phone: 720-972-4123 - Contact Nutrition Services
Families encouraged to apply for Free and Reduced Benefits
Families may be eligible for Summer Electronic Benefits
This summer, per USDA approval, Colorado will launch the Summer Electronic Benefit program. This program, along with the Summer Food Service Program, helps ensure children and families have access to nutritious meals during summer break. Families with school aged children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals could receive $40 per month per child during the summer months to purchase groceries.
To see if you're eligible for the Summer Electronic Benefits, apply for free and reduced benefits today.
Free and Reduced Benefits help families and their schools.
- Families can receive 50% off select fees or not have to pay them at all. These include athletic fees, course fees, and activity and field trip fees tied to the curriculum. See the Fees Schedule
- High school students can receive discounts and/or tuition-relief when preparing for their future; which may include course fees, post-graduation planning, scholarships, state and national testing (including SAT, ACT, AP and IB), and post-secondary enrollment.
- Schools receive additional funding from the state to enhance the educational experience for all students.
- Families can qualify for additional resources, such as medical, food and cash assistance, and discounted services like internet.
Families are encouraged to complete the application online because it provides:
- Quicker approval process for eligibility
Accuracy of submitted application
Assisting your child's school in receiving additional funds
If you don't have access to the online system, for a paper application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (720) 972-4195.
Families must reapply for free and reduced benefits each new school year.
All students who were approved for free and reduced benefits for the previous year will receive the same free and reduced benefits for the first 30 meal serve days of the new school year or until a new eligibility determination is made.
When will you know if you qualify?
Applications will be processed as quickly as possible. Keep in mind, online applications process faster. Due to the high volume of applications, please allow up to 10 operating days for a response. You will receive your eligibility letter in the mail or by email.
*Adams 12 Five Star Schools does not manage the meal program at our district charter schools - including, Prospect Ridge Academy, Stargate School, The New America School or Westgate Community School. Please contact the school directly with any questions.
Discounted Student Fees
After qualifying, in order to have student fees discounted, parents must have completed the Information Release Form as part of the district's annual online check-in process. If you didn't fill out the form, you can print a paper copy and submit it to your school directly. Paper forms: English - Spanish
Discounted Community Resources & Services
To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office. Colorado PEAK is an online service to screen and apply for medical, food, and cash assistance programs. For other district resources, please visit Student and Family Outreach.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.