Student & Family Outreach
The Student and Family Outreach Program (SFOP) exists to remove barriers that keep students from being engaged and thriving in school by providing access to community resources and health insurance. We believe that all students hold the strength and potential to thrive and that healthy students have improved learning outcomes, attendance, and behavior.
The Student and Family Outreach Program is committed to the following:
- Expanding outreach to and enrolling uninsured students who qualify for Health First Colorado (formerly Medicaid) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF)
- Connect for Health insurance marketplace
- Linking families to community resources for food, housing, clothing, mental health, medical, dental, legal services, and more
- Identifying and providing resource support to students and families experiencing housing instability under the guidance of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act
- Providing resource support to students who are not living in their home of origin, through foster care or kinship placement
Contact us if you have any general questions about our program or want to partner with us.