Phone: 720-972-6015 - Contact Student & Family Outreach
In our diverse community, we recognize some students and their families may be struggling with intensely personal questions and concerns about the national landscape regarding immigration. Our critical mission – and our obligation under the law – is to ensure our schools are safe learning environments where a student’s race, ethnicity, religion and immigration status do not create any barriers to that child’s education.
- What impact does undocumented immigration status have on my child’s education?
- Does Adams 12 Five Star Schools ask for a child’s immigration status when he or she enrolls?
- Would the school district ever share our students’ immigration status with federal immigration officials?
- Do we know whether there will be any immigration enforcement actions on school grounds?
- If I am a parent or guardian and I am worried about being detained while my child is at school, what should I do?
- What about if I am a DACA recipient?
- What should I do if I want to understand my immigration rights?
- What does Adams 12 Five Star Schools do to ensure that no student or family is discriminated against or harassed because of their race, ethnicity, religion or national origin?
- Does immigration-refuge status affect free and reduced meal benefits?
- What should I do if I feel like my student or I have been the victim of discrimination or harassment in school or sponsored event?
- Where can I find additional resources?