Talking to Children about Racism
Conversations by Grade Levels
Graphic courtesy of the Children's Community School.
For a full article with conversation topics by level (Toddlers, Pre-K, Elementary, Pre-Teens/Teens), read this article from Aha!Parenting and Dr. Laura Markham
Colorado Children's Hospital Conversations by Age Group
- Read Colorado Children's Hospital's "How to Talk About Racism and National Protests with Your Children"
- Sesame Street and CNN hosted a town hall on racism for kids and parents
- List of several resources for students, families and staff
- 7 Things to Do When Your Kid Points Out Someone’s Differences, by Rachel Garlinghouse.
- Talking With Children About Racism, Police Brutality and Protests, by Laura Markham.
- 6 Things White Parents Can Do to Raise Racially Conscious Children, by Bree Ervin.
- List of diverse children’s books to support conversations on Race and Racism