We look forward to welcoming your child for the 2018-2019 school year. Below we've included links to back-to-school resources and information we believe you'll find helpful. We appreciate your continued support of Adams 12 Five Star Schools and we hope you enjoy the remaining weeks of summer vacation.
Students Report to School
August 14: Grades K-9 report
- (6th grade in the morning, 7th and 8th grade in the afternoon; high school, 9th only)
- August 15: All students K-12 report
Parent and Student Resources
- School Calendar at a Glance Printable English [ Printable Spanish ] | Electronic calendar
- Boundary Locator
- Bus Route Finder
- Enrollment Information
- Immunization Information
- Emergency Preparedness
- Opt-in for Text message alerts — Text YES to 67587
- Student Fees
- School Lunch Menus
- Meal Charge Standard Practice
- Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application
- Student & Family Outreach Program – List of community resources for health, food assistance, etc.
- Student Code of Conduct (English) [ Spanish ]
- District Policies
Web of Safety
In Adams 12 Five Star Schools, our first priority is providing for the safety and well-being of all students and staff in every classroom, every day. Threats and risks at schools can take many forms, and there is no single solution that can prevent danger and ensure complete safety. This is why in the Five Star District, the web of safety is a collaborative approach between multiple departments, staff, students and families. This school year, stay tuned to hear more about the district's "web of safety" which consists of:
- Promoting a safe and secure learning environment, in school buildings and online
- Providing innovative social-emotional curriculum and programs across all schools
- Ensuring all students, staff and families have access to mental health resources
Safety Situations — How will parents be notified?
Schools practice safety procedures throughout the school year, including fire, lockOUT and lockDOWN drills, and are trained annually in how to respond in emergency situations. But schools aren’t the only ones who need to know what to do in an emergency situation. Promoting a safe and secure learning environment is further strengthened and reinforced through a partnership with students, staff, parents and the community.
Learn more about what parents can do before the school year starts:
- Review the district’s safety and security parent guide at www.adams12.org/safety
- Update your contact information to ensure you receive important safety messages
- Read about the difference between lockOUT and lockDOWN
- Learn tips on what parents should do during a school emergency
How will we continue to ELEVATE student success this year?
Developed by the Five Star community, our new strategic plan called ELEVATE outlines the district's strengths, goals and focus areas to continue to ELEVATE student success for years to come. A printed version of the plan can be found at your school or you can learn more and view the digital plan at www.adams12.org/ELEVATE.