Horizon High School is committed to excellence on all fronts — academic achievement, arts, athletics and co-curricular activities. Horizon balances a holistic liberal arts education with rigorous content-specific curriculum to equip students for success beyond graduation.
Teachers and staff get to know students as individuals, guiding them through the wide variety of academic experiences at Horizon. Academically, students are challenged to think critically and problem solve. During their high school years, Horizon students develop a strong work ethic that empowers them to take responsibility for their choices, decisions and future.
In a safe, caring community, Horizon fosters global thinking and transformative experiences that shape students for success in the 21st-century world.
Adelante: A college readiness program specifically aimed to prepare students of diverse backgrounds.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.