Mountain View Elementary is a safe community where students are inspired to grow, be challenged and realize their full potential.
At Mountain View, learning is viewed as an ongoing process where taking risks, valuing mistakes and providing feedback are essential elements. Mountain View is a high-achieving and high-performing school home to a diverse student body, which includes Deaf and Hard of Hearing, English Language Learners and Gifted and Talented students.
With such a range of needs, staff focus on individual students, providing them with the best instructional practices and resources, so they may reach their potential. Students receive a strong academic foundation in a caring environment that supports social and emotional development. Classroom experiences include opportunities to engage in critical thinking and increasing access to purposeful technology integration.
With positive relationships among home, school and community, Mountain View students are supported to become successful, self-directed lifelong learners.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program: Serves preschool through fifth-grade Deaf and Hard of Hearing students. The program is based on the total communication philosophy, which embraces all communication choices and utilizes approaches that are most effective for each individual student. The program also places strong emphasis on the development of each child's auditory, speech and speech-reading skills.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
The enrollment process with Adams 12 Five Star Schools is managed directly by our schools. Please contact your child's school directly for enrollment needs.
Four Step Enrollment Process
Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the required documentation. A list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; One Proof of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to this webpage or Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
Kindergartners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see District Policy 5230.
- Enrollment Packet (English) (Spanish)
- Student Packet (English) (Spanish)
- Existing Household Change Form (English) (Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English) (Spanish)
- Immunization Information
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.