North Star Elementary is a safe, vibrant school community where students and staff thrive and seek opportunities to expand their knowledge and perspective through critical and innovative thinking.
The school works to maintain high expectations for all students, while recognizing the importance of meeting each learner where they are and providing the support they need to reach their potential. With a focus on transforming teaching and learning, North Star teachers collaboratively work to make the academic standards accessible for all students in a warm and engaging environment where students find joy and purpose.
During their time at North Star, students acquire a love of learning, an understanding of how to work with others, and a deep curiosity for the world around them.
PEAK Learning Center: A grant-funded program that aims to help students improve in school. The center provides a safe and nurturing environment, academic support, nutritional snacks, homework help, guided reading practice, social and emotional lessons, enrichment and recreational opportunities, and parent events.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
The enrollment process with Adams 12 Five Star Schools is managed directly by our schools. Please contact your child's school directly for enrollment needs.
Four Step Enrollment Process
Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the required documentation. A list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; One Proof of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to this webpage or Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
Kindergartners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see District Policy 5230.
- Enrollment Packet (English) (Spanish)
- Student Packet (English) (Spanish)
- Existing Household Change Form (English) (Spanish)
- School Transfers
- Immunization Information
Preschool Enrollment Forms
- For preschool enrollment forms please click here.