Construction on Thunder Vista P-8 in the Anthem community of Broomfield began in April 2017. The school is scheduled to open in August 2018 and is projected to eventually serve 900 K-8 students and 128 preschool students.
Thunder Vista P-8 anticipates offering extended-day and half-day kindergarten opportunities. We will host a kindergarten enrollment night from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Monday, Jan. 29, at the Educational Support Center, 1500 E. 128th Ave., Thornton, CO, 80241.
Please Note: If you are unable to attend kindergarten enrollment night, you will need to submit a kindergarten intent form by Feb. 9, 2018. You will also need to contact Thunder Vista Office Manager Cathy Martinelli at 720-972-4098 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an enrollment appointment.
Kindergarteners must be 5 years old and first graders must be 6 years old on or before October 1. For exceptions, please see District Policy 5230.
- Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.
- Enrollment Packet (English - Spanish)
- Student Packet (English - Spanish)
- Household Change Form (English - Spanish)
- Transfer Application (English - Spanish)
- Immunization Information (Elementary - Secondary)
Preschool options are still being finalized for Thunder Vista. The district’s current plan is to open three to four preschool classrooms at Thunder Vista. Two additional preschool classrooms are also scheduled to open at Arapahoe Ridge Elementary in Fall 2018 as part of their building expansion project. The district is currently developing a tuition-based preschool option for families of students who may not meet the criteria of the Colorado Preschool Program or qualify for Special Education services. In order to obtain a better understanding of community preschool interests and needs, a preschool interest survey will be emailed to prospective preschool parents in the northwest part of the district in January 2018. This survey will provide the opportunity to complete a survey that will seek information on a number of factors including:
- General interest in preschool
- Interest in half day morning or afternoon preschool
- Interest in a potential full-day preschool option
The information gathered during this process will guide and inform programming decisions. The official preschool application window will open March 1, 2018.
Middle School Enrollment
Join us for Thunder Vista P-8 Middle School Information Night from 6 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 30, at the Educational Support Center, 1500 E. 128th Ave., Thornton, CO, 80241.
This event will be an opportunity for parents and students to:
- Learn more about Thunder Vista P-8
- Meet and interact with school staff
- Engagement opportunities for parents and students to help shape Thunder Vista middle school curriculum and programs
Please note: This will not be an enrollment event. Enrollment for middle school at Thunder Vista (sixth through eighth grade) is anticipated to begin in April 2018.