Westlake Middle School is rooted in the belief that all students can learn when given the necessary support and time. At Westlake, students, parents and teachers work together to help students achieve their highest potential.
Westlake teachers and staff strive to be responsive to the individual needs of the students, ensuring student success. Students are empowered to become leaders, innovators and learners in continual pursuit of ongoing improvements and achievement every day.
The Westlake community fosters a caring, respectful environment focused on learning. To do so, the school participates in the Positive Behavior Support (PBiS) program, a data-driven, systems approach to behavior modification. Westlake teachers reward desired behaviors rather than punish negative behaviors, creating a more positive, proactive and instructional environment for students.
School Demographics (Colorado Department of Education School Dashboard)
Step 1 of the enrollment process depends on your district of residence and desired school:
- In-district families who wish to attend their boundary school can simply check their address on our boundary locator to determine which school their student will attend.
- In-district families who wish to attend a school other than their boundary school and out-of-district families who wish to attend a Five Star District school can apply for admissions via the Choice Program during the specified timelines or directly with schools participating in the extended day kindergarten program.
- In extenuating circumstances in-district students can request a change of school assignment through the family-initiated school transfer process.
- Out-of-district families who wish to attend a school in the Five Star District can only apply for admissions via the Choice program as family-initiated transfers are only available to in-district families.
- Pick up an enrollment packet at one of our school locations or download the forms below. You will need only one Enrollment Packet per family for your first student and a Student Information Packet for each additional student.
- Complete your forms and gather the necessary documentation required as explained on Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet. A short list of documentation needed includes: Parent/Guardian Photo ID; Child’s Birth Certificate; Two Proofs of Residence; Immunization Records; and previous school information. Please refer to Page 2 of the Enrollment Packet for an extensive list of documentation requirements.
- Take your completed enrollment forms and all required documentation to your student’s school.