On one day each year, we want to inspire the nation to make a difference. Make A Difference Day is one of the largest annual single-days of service nationwide. No matter who you are or where you’re from, everyone has the power to do something that improves the life of another. Whether it’s starting a project that helps one person, or working on one that benefits a whole community, every contribution makes a difference.
How Can You Make a Difference?
1. One pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. You can save 3 lives if you choose to donate blood.
2. Got a lot of shoes and clothes, gathering dust in the closet? Donate them to an orphanage.
3. Donate a month’s color pencil supplies to the kindergarten class of your local school. Kids love colors. See the joy in their eyes.
4. Say sorry to someone from whom you expect an apology. Yes, that is the only way to mend fences. Give, don’t expect to get.
5. Blog about a social issue which needs attention.
6. Dedicate a complete day to help out a friend in his/her aspirations and goals.
7. All that trash lying around in your neighborhood? Organize a weekend clean-up drive.
8. Visit the old-age home in your locality and spend an hour reading out books to the elders. Their smile would warm your heart.
9. Volunteer at the Suicide Hotline in your city. Save a life.
10. Plant a tree (sapling) in your backyard.
11. Collect reusable plastic for recycling. Clean up the environment.
12. Babysit to help out a single-parent. Tell him/her to go have some “me-time.”
13. Share your snacks, lunch or coffee with a friend at work.
14. Mentor someone.
15. Avoid plastic bags for a month. If you can create the habit, avoid them for a year.
16. Save an hour’s electricity, than your usual consumption, every day.
17. Cook for a friend.
18. Buy a cup of coffee for the person standing next to you, at Starbucks.
19. Say “Thank You” to 10 people today
20. Make a list of things you are grateful for at the end of the day.